Sunday 22 December 2013

'Tottenham is in my blood' - Hoddle keen on Spurs job

Glenn Hoddle has confirmed he would jump at the chance to manage Tottenham for a second time as he continues to be linked with the vacant post at White Hart Lane.

The former England boss came through the club's academy, making 377 league appearances, before spending two-and-a-half years in charge of the north Londoners between March 2001 and September 2003.

Tottenham are currently seeking a new full-time coach after the exit of Andre Villas-Boas, with Tim Sherwood currently in temporary charge, and Hoddle would be eager to return to a club he has a close affinity with.

"Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – I supported them when I was eight years of age. I went there at 12, I left at 28, went back and managed," he told Sky Sports.

"It's in my blood; it's in my bones. If I was offered the job, yes I would want to go back."

Hoddle would be happy to take the reins on a short-term basis if approached by the Tottenham board, but stressed that no talks had yet taken place.

"It's whatever is right for the football club and if they felt that they wanted me to go until the end of the season, and they wanted something else long-term, I would be prepared to do that, because I love the club," he added.

"They have not offered me the job, so it's all speculation."

No comments:

Post a Comment