Friday 27 December 2013

Milito: I want to stay at Inter

Diego Milito has announced his desire to sign a new contract with Inter ahead of the last six months of his existing deal.

The striker moved to San Siro in 2009 from Genoa and has scored 64 times in 113 appearances for the Nerazzurri, but with his contract set to expire in the summer, the Argentine is keen to extend his stay at San Siro.

"I feel at home. For me, there won't be any problem in putting a signature and remaining for another year," he told Sport Mediaset.

Last season the 34-year-old suffered an Achilles injury that ruled him out of the second half of the campaign and a thigh injury has limited his playing time so far this term.

And he says his own physical wellbeing is his primary concern at present rather than any impending talks over a new deal.

He explained: "I don't think what will happen in June. I live in the moment and the only thing that interests me is to come back playing."

Speculation has suggested that Milito may not be offered a new deal by coach Walter Mazzarri, resulting in rumours linking him with a return to his homeland and former club Racing – whom he made over 100 appearances for between 1999 and 2003.

It is a possibility that Milito does not want to explore just yet, but the player does concede that it could be an option come June.

"No one from Racing has called me yet, but they are really an important team in my career.

"My deal with Inter expires in June and my dream is to retire with this shirt. I don't exclude the possibility of returning to Argentina. We will see in June."

No comments:

Post a Comment